click to view larger version
Seeds containing the Roundup Ready® trait and the Genuity® Roundup Ready 2 Yield® trait are protected under numerous United States patents, including Patent No. RE39,247. It is unlawful to save Roundup Ready® Soybeans or Genuity® Roundup Ready 2 Yield® Soybeans for planting or transfer to others for use as a planting seed.
Monsanto Company is a member of Excellence Through Stewardship® (ETS). Monsanto products are commercialized in accordance with ETS Product Launch Stewardship Guidance, and in compliance with Monsanto’s Policy for Commercialization of Biotechnology-Derived Plant Products in Commodity Crops. This product has been approved for import into key export markets with functioning regulatory systems. Any crop or material produced from this product can only be exported to, or used, processed or sold in countries where all necessary regulatory approvals have been granted. It is a violation of national and international law to move material containing biotech traits across boundaries into nations where import is not permitted. Growers should talk to their grain handler or product purchaser to confirm their buying position for this product. Excellence Through Stewardship® is a registered trademark of Biotechnology Industry Organization.
ALWAYS READ AND FOLLOW PESTICIDE LABEL DIRECTIONS. Roundup Ready® crops contain genes that confer tolerance to glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup® brand agricultural herbicides. Roundup® brand agricultural herbicides will kill crops that are not tolerant to glyphosate. Genuity and Design®, Genuity Icons, Roundup®, Roundup PowerMAX®, Roundup Ready®, and Roundup Ready 2 Yield® are trademarks of Monsanto Technology LLC. ©2010 Monsanto Company.
Benefits of New Certified Seed
- Highest quality and highest yielding product vs. bin-run
- Professionally handled and rigorously tested
Economics of New Seed vs. Bin-Run
- Average loss of ~ 10-15% cleanout at harvest for bin-run seed
- Bin-run planting rates are generally 15% higher than new certified seed
Limited Warranty Benefits
- Dealer agronomic support before and after the sale
- Risk management benefits of Roundup Rewards®(over $600 million in benefits paid)
New Innovations Benefit for Farmers?
- Monsanto’s 100% commitment to agriculture
- Research and Development M ilestones.
- 2010 — 4 commercial product launches
- Pipeline: 11 advanced stage high impact products